LIF2019 – 6th International Language in Focus Conference
“Language, Research, and Teaching in the 21st Century”
Dubrovnik, Croatia, May 2 – 4, 2019
LIF2019 – 6th International Language in Focus Conference will be organized by Cukurova University – Turkey, The University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College – Greece and the South-East European Research Centre (SEERC) in Dubrovnik, Croatia, May 2 – 4, 2019.
Annual International LIF Conferences have already become an academic platform for exchanging ideas, projects and scientific research between aspiring academics, teachers, university students, and well-known researchers thanks to your invaluable contributions.
In harmony with this spirit of academic enthusiasm, we would like to invite academics, scholars, representatives of central and local educational authorities, non-governmental organizations, school teachers and practitioners representing an exciting diversity of countries, cultures, and religions to meet and exchange ideas and views in a forum encouraging respectful dialogue. LIF2019, to be held in Dubrovnik, Croatia, will constitute an excellent opportunity to meet experts in various areas of ELT and language studies.
GUEST of HONOR
• David Singleton, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland and the University of Pannonia, Hungary
• Guy Cook, King’s College, UK
• Susan Hunston, the University of Birmingham, UK
• Suzanne Romaine, the University of Oxford, UK
• Nina Spada, University of Toronto, Canada
• Penny Ur, Oranim and Haifa University, Israel
The aims of the conference are to:
• Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information on good practices within English Language Teaching;
• Strengthen and broaden the network of English language teachers and all those involved in the ELT sector worldwide;
• Increase the links between the ELT communities;
• Showcase research in the fields of applied linguistics and language education.
Who attends this conference?
The conference brings together the following groups of stakeholders from all over the world:
• Classroom teachers of English and teacher trainers;
• Researchers and graduate students in the fields of ELT and Linguistics;
• Administrators of English language schools and universities;
• Educators with interest in international language education;
• ELT-related individuals and institutions and Ministry of Education representatives;
• Foreign experts or researchers who wish to network within the global ELT and Applied Linguistics communities.
LIF2019 Conference venue is Importanne Resort. It is located in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Our participants will be informed about detailed information about various options about the accommodation in the second circular and on LIF2019 website soon.
LIF2019 – Organization Committee
Cem Can, Cukurova University, Turkey
Paschalia Patsala, The University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College, Greece
Zoi Tatsioka, The University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College, Greece
LIF2019 – Conference Secretariat
Sibel Aybek, Cukurova University, Turkey
Fatih Ünal Bozdağ, Osmaniye Korkut Ata University, Turkey
Tuğba Şimşek, Cukurova University, Turkey
LIF – Language in Focus Conferences