LIF2020 – 7th International Language in Focus Conference, the learning adventure, will be organized in Valletta, Malta, April 30 – May 2, 2020, in collaboration with Cukurova University – Turkey, The University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College – Greece, and University of Malta. Annual International LIF Conferences have already become an academic platform for exchanging ideas, projects and scientific research between aspiring academics, teachers, university students, and well-known researchers thanks to your invaluable contributions. In harmony with this spirit of academic enthusiasm, we would like to invite academics, scholars, representatives of central and local educational authorities, non-governmental organizations, school teachers and practitioners representing an exciting diversity of countries, cultures, and religions to meet and exchange ideas and views in a forum encouraging respectful dialogue. LIF2020, to be held in Valletta, Malta, will constitute an excellent opportunity to meet experts in various areas of ELT and language studies.
LIF2020 – KEYNOTE SPEAKERS / We stand on the shoulders of the giants…
- David Marsh
- Anne O’Keeffe
- Jane Spiro
- Ema Ushioda
The Aims of LIF2020 Learning Adventure are:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information on good practices within English Language Teaching;
- Strengthen and broaden the network of English language teachers and all those involved in the ELT sector worldwide;
- Increase the links between the ELT communities;
- Showcase research in the fields of applied linguistics and language education.
Who Participates in this Learning Adventure:
The conference brings together the following groups of stakeholders from all over the world:
- Classroom teachers of English and teacher trainers;
- Researchers and graduate students in the fields of ELT and Linguistics;
- Administrators of English language schools and universities;
- Educators with an interest in international language education;
- ELT-related individuals and institutions and Ministry of Education representatives;
- Foreign experts or researchers who wish to network within the global ELT and Applied Linguistics communities.