LIF2021 – 7th International Language in Focus Conference, the learning adventure, will be organized in Valletta, Malta, May 6 – May 8, 2021, in collaboration with Cukurova University – Turkey, The University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College – Greece, and University of Malta. Annual International LIF Conferences have already become an academic platform for exchanging ideas, projects and scientific research between aspiring academics, teachers, university students, and well-known researchers thanks to your invaluable contributions. In harmony with this spirit of academic enthusiasm, we would like to invite academics, scholars, representatives of central and local educational authorities, non-governmental organizations, school teachers and practitioners representing an exciting diversity of countries, cultures, and religions to meet and exchange ideas and views in a forum encouraging respectful dialogue. LIF2021, to be held in Valletta, Malta, will constitute an excellent opportunity to meet experts in various areas of ELT and language studies.
LIF2021 – KEYNOTE SPEAKERS / We stand on the shoulders of the giants…
- David Marsh
- Anne O’Keeffe
- David Singleton
- Jane Spiro
- Ema Ushioda
The Aims of LIF2021 Learning Adventure are:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information on good practices within English Language Teaching;
- Strengthen and broaden the network of English language teachers and all those involved in the ELT sector worldwide;
- Increase the links between the ELT communities;
- Showcase research in the fields of applied linguistics and language education.
Who Participates in this Learning Adventure:
The conference brings together the following groups of stakeholders from all over the world:
- Classroom teachers of English and teacher trainers;
- Researchers and graduate students in the fields of ELT and Linguistics;
- Administrators of English language schools and universities;
- Educators with an interest in international language education;
- ELT-related individuals and institutions and Ministry of Education representatives;
- Foreign experts or researchers who wish to network within the global ELT and Applied Linguistics communities.
LIF2021 aims at providing a forum for researchers, teachers and educational representatives to share their knowledge and promote creativity and innovation. LIF2021 topics include (but are not limited to):
- ELT Methodology and Classroom Applications
- Foreign Language Teacher Education
- SLA / ELT Focused Theories
- ICT in Language Teaching
- Psychological and Psycholinguistic perspectives in SLA / ELT
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL and CLILiG)
- Bilingualism / Multilingualism
- Corpus Linguistics and Learner Corpora
- Syntax, Morphology, and Semantics
- Lexical Processing
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Discourse Analysis
- Translation and Interpreting
- Language Policies
Abstracts of papers, workshops or posters in the range of 200-250 words together with the registration form should be submitted via the conference website using the Abstract Submission form by January 22nd, 2021. Each participant will have the opportunity to present up to 2 papers.
Conference Publication : The studies presented at the conference will be published by an international publishing house (most probably by Cambridge Scholars) as book chapters in an edited book. We will send you the related publishing guideline after the conference.